Friday, December 19, 2008

The Floronic Man

The Floronic Man is a prime example of a person that DC just does not know what to do with. He has been a professor, an interdimensional traveler, a drug dealer, a hero (known as Floro), and a number of things in between. To me, though, he will always be a villain. When I was trying to think of a story for the Floronic Man, I thought about my nightmares and the things that would frighten me. What scares me about this interpretation of the Floronic Man is that he is indifferent to humanity. It is not that he doesn't care about a human's well being (he doesn't), but that it does not affect him either way. People are just tools to be used, and those people that could be competition need to be eliminated. What also frightens me is that the Floronic Man does not attempt to communicate with people at all. By becoming a plant-human hybrid, the Floronic Man has made himself into something truly alien in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment